Friday, January 3, 2014

Do you want to help elect someone different in Fishers?

Friends, as many of you know, I am considering running for a seat on the Fishers City Council in the upcoming election.  I have not yet made a final decision about running, but filing opens next week.  

So, can you please email me back if you are interested in helping at some level?  I would like a small core of committed dedicated people who will plan and organize the campaign and coordinate the larger group of volunteers.  So if you are interested, at either level, let me know, as I would like to have an organizing meeting soon.  

And this is an effort where any and all types of help is welcome, whether you have graphics skills, public relations, financial and fundraising, or you just want to call neighbors and knock on doors.  A pledge of a later contribution, in any amount, is also most welcome.  

You all know that I have been a leader in many important issues in Fishers, from being the organizer and first chair of CityYes, to speaking out against unwise tax increases and other actions, to blogging on local issues, to revealing illegal acts of local politicians.  I listen to no one but the people of Fishers, not influential insiders.  

So, regardless of your own political affiliation, would you be willing to help?  If so, send me a personal email back to Greg@GregPurvis,com, and let me know what you want to do.  If you want to be included in the inner committee, let me know that and when you would be available for a meeting.  

Thanks for your support!  Happy New Year.

Greg Purvis

No comments:

Post a Comment